Gingerbreadmama Says: That’s A Wrap!
**NEW LOGO BY http://www.petejdesign.com/ **
Joss back on my TV? Oh YES!
Joss Whedon is “developing a live-action series featuring Marvel characters for ABC.” His last foray with television was back in 2010, with Dollhouse (a really, really good show in my opinion – stupid Fox for cancelling it) and life just isn’t the same without Joss in it on a weekly basis so this is very.exciting.news!
|Master of the big and small screens|
And bonus bonus, his Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is going to air on The CW.
We are just getting started, we've got an oversized edition of gossip this week which will also get you caught up on this weekends movie openings and the secret to six pack abs.... after the jump!!
New Drinking Game
Where in the world is R.Patt? Do a shot with every sighting! Since the news broke that girlfriend Kristen cheated on him, rumors as to where Rob Pattinson has been hiding out abound, the latest being that he is nesting in Ojai, California at Water For Elephants co-star Resse Witherspoon’s ranch and was recently spied at the Ojai cowboy bar, the Deer Lodge, a place that boasts “live music, dancing and lots of beer and good times.”
|The Deer Lodge|
He’s soon to make a very public appearance on August 13 when he joins Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. He’s then on Good Morning America August 15. Will he discuss the cheating scandal and his broken heart? Probably not, but expect him to discuss his new movie Cosmopolis. According to friends, “he really doesn’t want to address his personal life, or the cheating scandal. He’s just not ready yet, and doesn’t want to say anything he’d regret.”
|I don't think anyone is worried about him recovering from this one.|
And while the couple has not seen each other in person since the news broke, they are in contact.
Kristen, meanwhile, is reportedly back living at home with her parents and not doing well. Several media outlets state she’s dropped out of her personal project Cali, in which she was to star, is executive producer and even hand-picked her lead actor.
|She'll be a'ight, she's got her bong to comfort her.|
As for her counterpart in the cheating tango, sources say Rupert Sanders and his wife of seven years, Liberty Ross, have not seen each other since the news broke either. Liberty has been focused on her children and “it's what she cares about the most” says a source.
|Being the elder statesmen of the affair, he'll not rebound quite as quickly, but he too has plenty of things (e.g. $$$$) to sooth him.|
Sharon Osbourne is walking away from America’s Got Talent (and the remainder of her contract) because NBC “fired” her son Jack from their new military-themed reality show, Stars Earn Stripes, after he disclosed his Multiple Sclerosis. The Osbourne’s claim he was fired via e-mail but the network says they never officially hired him in the first place, releasing this statement, “First, we have the deepest affection for Sharon Osbourne and consider her to be part of the NBC family. And our hearts go out to her, Ozzy, Jack and his family at this time. We hold medical information in strict confidence and therefore cannot comment specifically about Jack, but as a company that cares deeply about the health and safety of everyone on our shows — especially one like Stars Earn Stripes that requires dangerous water stunts, strenuous physical activity, and uses live ammunition — we required all potential participants to undergo medical vetting to ensure that they could safely participate. Although we did not ask Jack to participate in the competition, we were able to offer him two substantial alternative roles on the show, both of which he declined. This network does not discriminate on any basis."
|Gotta admire the family loyalty, no matter how insane|
Because Sharon is still under contract, NBC can “prevent Osbourne from being a judge on another network for five years.”
|Sheen: "I'd hit it"|
- Oh Lindsey, jealous that the tabloids are not currently focused on you so you have to cause a ruckus at a club? Lindsay and Francesca Eastwood both happened to be at Hollywood’s Bootsy Bellows last week. Francesca was celebrating her birthday “a private area when Lindsay came over and started screaming that Francesca should leave. She was yelling 'I'm a star, she's a nobody, get her out of here!'" Sources say that security asked Lindsay to leave and as her friend was driving away, they almost ran over the valet guy. According to Francesca, who spoke with E!, "I'm not sure what exactly sparked Lindsay's outburst. Regardless, I still had an amazing birthday and Parent Trap is still my favorite movie."
Next up for Lindsey? She’ll be in Scary Movie 5 with Charlie Sheen (train wreck waiting to happen) and has a part in Lady GaGa’s next music video.
- Pink is the new face of Covergirl. According to CoverGirl VP and general manager Esi Eggleston Bracey, “Pink is a powerful and provocative role model, who has always been an advocate of individualism and making no apologies for who you are. We love the energy and confidence that she radiates, and the fact that inside and out she’s as cool as she looks. She’s an awesome addition to our CoverGirl family.”
- New couple alert: Michael Phelps and Megan Rossee have gone public and rumor has it that Katy Perry is rebounding, I mean dating, John Mayer (that dude gets around).
- Natalie Portman married baby daddy Benjamin Millepied in Big Sur.
- Jen Schefft (2003 bachelorette) and husband Joe Waterman welcomed a baby girl, Charlotte Grace (isn’t that the same name Sarah Michelle Geller and Freddie name their girl)?
- Kate Bosworth and Michael Polish are engaged. The two have been dating for a little over a year.
- Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler welcomed a baby boy, Camden Jack.
- Gillian Anderson and Mark Griffiths have split. They have two children together.
- Willa Ford and husband Mike Modano have split up after five years of marriage.
- Stanley Tucci and Felicity Blunt (actress Emily’s sister) recently wed.
- Joe Simpson was arrested for DUI in Sherman oaks and spent the night in jail. This is his first offense for driving while intoxicated.
- Randy Travis, you little devil you. Getting arrested for DUI sucks, but when you are naked…that’s right, country star Randy Travis crashed his car “under suspicion he was driving while intoxicated in Texas” and was “completely naked when the cops pulled him over”. He was held on a “retaliation and obstruction" charge, which is a felony” (he’s a combative drunk it seems). He allegedly told police he’s “just gotten in a fight with his girlfriend” and later “apologized for his drunken behavior.”
|Phelps and Rossee who is eager to have his children|
TV Bits (Spoilers)
|This dog is now available for hire|
- Daniel Sunjata (most recently of Grey’s Anatomy) is joining the cast of Smash as a love interest for Debra Messing’s character. Jennifer Hudson also has a multi-ep arc as Veronica Moore, a Tony-winning Broadway star who "impacts" the lives of Karen and her on-stage rival, Ivy.
- Debbie Allen is returning to Grey’s Anatomy to direct another episode! No confirmation if she’ll reprise her role as Avery’s mom.
- Olympic gold medalist and reported ladies man, Ryan Lochte, wants to do reality TV. Of course he does. He tells Today’s Matt Lauer, “I definitely want to move to L.A... I'm looking forward to Dancing with the Stars [or] The Bachelor.” Can you imagine the sound bites we’ll get from his mom if he’s on a reality show? Gems.
- Mike is getting a new love interest on Suits. Elisabeth Hower has been cast as “Tess, a friend from Mike's childhood who reappears at a crucial time in his life. Hower's character will be introduced in the mid-season finale on Aug. 23.”
- Pablo Schreiber will guest star on White Collar, as “JB Bellmiere, a brilliant and volatile avant-guarde artist who studied under a legendary New York sculptor who emerges as a person of interest for Peter’s team when several multi million dollar forgeries of his mentor’s work appear on the market.”
- Is Glee’s Kevin McHale going to co-host Fox’s The X Factor this fall? Maybe! The actor is in talks. Stay tuned.
- Shohreh Aghdashloo has joined Fox’s new drama The Mob Doctor in a recurring role, as Dr. Jayana Baylor, "a legendary cardiothoractic specialist who’s allergic to B.S."
- Brandon W. Jones guests on Pretty Little Liars as “competitive high school senior Andrew Jones, who was a love interest for Spencer in the book series”, reports E! Online. Look for him in ep 15.
- Gabrielle Union joins the new BET pilot Being Mary Jane "as a successful talk show host who aspires to become the No.1 nightly news anchor while searching for Mr. Right.”
- Josh Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises) will guest on Grimm as “Bill, a middle-class dude who moonlights as a Badger-esque creature called a Drang-Zorn.” And I know you are off doing super secret stuff, but in case you missed it, @californiakara, Grimm returns this Monday!
- Once Upon A Time cast Captain Hook! Colin O’Donoghue joins the cast in a recurring role as a “handsome, fearsome and confident pirate ship captain, Hook relishes every challenge and never backs down from a fight, whether the reward is power, riches, or women. He possesses the meticulous style and old-school manners of a proper gentleman, but beneath that veneer lies a vindictive enemy who will not rest until all his enemies have been defeated… and humiliated.
- Former American Idol contestant Paul McDonald has a recurring role on Parenthood. He’ll play a “musician who uses Crosby and Adam’s recording space, The Luncheonette, and promptly catches the eye of the studio’s new assistant, Amber.”
- Brigitte, the French Bulldog that plays Stella on Modern Family, has been recast. Beatrice will take her place. Seriously, this is news.
- Rob Kardashian is tweeting that he is going to USC Law School this fall.
- Jimmy Fallon told Matt Lauer that he is no going to host the Oscars.
|Jennifer Lawrence, cashing in huge|
- Big bucks abound! On the heels of a smashing first movie success with The Hunger Games, Jennifer Lawrence is getting a big ol’bump in pay for Catching Fire. She reportedly earned “$500,000 (plus bonuses) for playing the protagonist, Katniss Everdeen in the original film” but is now “negotiating a $10 million paycheck for the film’s sequel, Catching Fire, which is a combination of salary, bonuses and escalators, however, depending on the box-office performance of the film, Jennifer could earn much more”. That is a huge increase. Reports are that co-stars Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, are also renegotiating their contracts.
- Brett Easton Ellis struck a nerve when he tweeted he didn’t think Matt Bomer was right for the role of Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of the best-selling novels because he’s openly gay. Personally, as hot as Bomer is, he’s just not tall enough to play Mr. Grey. Keep searching casting crew, keep searching.
- Anna Parisse joins the cast of the new Fox thriller The Following as “FBI cult specialist Debra Parker, working with former FBI profiler Ryan Hardy (played by Kevin Bacon) to investigate serial killer Joe Carroll (played by James Purefoy)”.
- Laurence Fishburne is returning to the small screen as “FBI special agent Jack Crawford, the boss of Hugh Dancy's Will Graham” in NBC’s new series Hannibal.
- Two producers of The Bachelor have made a successful love match, with each other. Cassie Lambert and Pete Scalettar wed in Malibu, with host Chris Harrison officiating and several past contestants as guests.
Movies Opening this Week
Quote of the Week
“There is no secret: You just have to eat healthy, work out, and torture yourself!” – Gwen Stefani on keeping her six-pack abs.
|It is that simple folks|
Written by Gingerbreadmama for Tea With Lemon. Photos and captions courtesy of the TWL Editor-in-Chief and our T-VIP. Sources: people.com, tvguide.com, tvline.com. eonline.com, huffingtonpost.com, latimes.com, variety.com, deadline.com, yahoo.com, tmz.com, celebs.gather.com