The TomKat divorce is drama-free, Britney walks off set…again and does anyone really care about gossip when ComicCon is just days away edition
|Cruise and Holmes during fitter times|
So, for as many c.r.a.z.y. antics Tom has displayed, for as many *ahem* failed *ahem* marriages as he’s had, for all the rumors of that which is not to be stated out loud for fear of him suing you for slander, he is also, apparently, gracious and truly looking out for the best interest of his daughter.
In a joint (yet not so much considering they are divorcing) statement, Tom and Katie, no longer sitting in a tree, said, “We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests.” And obviously that still holds true.
So what’s next? Well, for one, the divorce settlement is said to be “confidential and its terms will not be disclosed” so anything you learn about it is most likely rumor and speculation. “There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties," says attorney John Wolfe.
|Katie "Why the distance Tom?"|
Tom: "It's almost your birthday"
I’ll leave you with the bit o’trivia that KTLA morning news was touting…Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman and Katie all have something in common other than being an ex of Tom. They were, in Katie’s case are, all 33 years old when the marriages ended.
A lot more happened this week then this divorce, click Read More to see it all!
Oh Brit Brit
You’d think Britney Spears would have thicker skin. She walked off yet another set during filming of X Factor, this time in Greensboro N.C., because of a man “dressed partially as a woman, rocked through one of her hits, "(You Drive Me) Crazy."
Demi Lovato and LA Reid followed her off the set, while Simon Cowell remained and quipped, “I don't think she quite understood your tribute.” The contestant, apparently teary and weary, explained, “I had to fight real hard to get here, adding that he was recently on welfare and nearly missed his X Factor call because he couldn't afford his phone bill.”
|Bottom who needs a LOT of direction, coaching, and coddling|
When Britney returned, she had apparently downed a shot or two of play nice and was possibly told to quit dissin’ the have-nots because she claimed, “I really respect the tribute. It was really nice.”
- Peter O’Toole (79) is retiring from acting
- Tragically, Usher’s 11 year old stepson Kyle Glover was pronounced brain-dead after being hit by jet-ski. He and a 15 year old girl were being pulled on an inner tube when struck by the jet ski. The girl suffered a broken arm and cut to her head. No charges have been filed but a family friend, Jeffrey S. Hubbard, has been identified as the jet ski driver and is under investigation.
- A judge is seeking an audit of Chris Brown’s community service. Apparently, a “prosecutor handling his felony assault case cited a possible discrepancy in the amount of work he has performed”. His next hearing is tentatively set for August 21 and Judge Patricia Schnegg has ordered Brown to appear.
- Camilla McConaughy and hubs Matthew are expecting their third child
- Another Kardashian girl. Kourtney and Scott welcomed baby Penelope Scotland Disick. By the way, after the birth announcement both Khloe and Kim commented that they were “aunties again”. Shut it! You are not an aunt “again”…did you stop being an aunt then start…again? Sorry, but that’s my own personal pet peeve. Bugs me.
- KOL drummer Nathan Followill and wife Jessie are expecting their first child.
- Sara Ramirez (Grey’s) married Ryan Debolt on the 4th of July.
- After 30 years together, the band Chumbawamba have called it quits. Watch their most popular at the end of this section.
|Well that didn't take long|
- Olympic and US soccer player, Hope Solo, tested positive for a banned substance, Candrenone, and issued a warning by the USADA. She is still eligible to compete in the Olympics. She claims that she was unaware that the banned substance was in a medication prescribed by her personal physician.
- And just like that, she’s back off the market! Sofia Vergara is engaged to beau Nick Loeb, two months after they broke up. According to sources, Loeb popped the question while in Mexico celebrating Vergara’s 40th birthday.
- Slash received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Charlie Sheen gave a speech. Apparently he made several references to drugs and slammed Axl Rose. The video, on tmz.com, is described as “epic”.
- Speaking of Charlie Sheen, American Idol is “putting out feelers” for Season 12 judges (in what is being called a “very preliminary step” and some names being tossed about are Charlie Sheen, Jerry Lewis, Adam Lambert, Katy Perry, Fergie, and Miley Cyrus. Sources also say that the show’s producers are hoping to woo J.Lo back.
TV Bits (Caution Spoilers)
|RIP Anthony Sedlak|
- Anthony Sedlak, celebrity chef and star of The Main, is dead at 29. The cause of death has not been revealed.
- Once Upon a Time has cast “Mulan” and “Aurora A.K.A. Sleeping Beauty”. Jamie Chung (The Hangover 2) will play Mulan, “a seemingly delicate but deadly trained warrior whose skills are enhanced by her spirituality and her intuitiveness. She finds it hard to trust others, but is extremely loyal” and Sarah Bolger (The Tudors) will play Princess Aurora, “raised to become your typical polished princess, but she is willing to do whatever it takes for love.” Both characters are recurring.
- Castle scoop according to creator Andrew Marlowe: Beckett and Castle will be in a relationship “we're taking a much different approach [and showing] the fun of being in a relationship", Alex will still be in intern at the station even though she starts college and Beckett’s mother’s murder will be resolved, “"We do want to give Beckett some level of resolution," says Marlowe. "It's time to move beyond that mystery, but it leads to an explosive confrontation." The show is also adding two new characters, Senator Randall Stinson and Vice President Russell, that are rumored to be part of the Beckett’s Mom Murder conspiracy.
- Barry Sloane joins the cast of Revenge as a recurring character Ethan, “a mystery man with ties to Emily’s past.”
- HBO has renewed True Blood for a 6th season and The Newsroom for a 2nd.
- Andrea Gabriel joins the cast of Gossip Girl in a recurring role as a “businesswoman from Dubai”.
- According to John Noble, the last season of Fringe will move the story ahead to 2036. “As far as I know, we’re just jumping ahead [to 2036]”. He continues, “there will be references” to the team’s pre-amber days, even using found footage to share monumental moments with viewers.”
- Suits is casting “Monica Egan, a super-smart and super-cute colleague of Harvey’s who at this time, somewhat curiously, is no longer with Pearson/Hardman.”
- Grey’s Anatomy will have two new docs when the next season starts. “Dr. Parker, a top-of-his-game physician in his 40s or 50s, and Dr. Mel Barnett, who’s slightly younger. Seattle Grace is also looking for two medical professionals, a man and a woman, who are “smart” and “not Hollywood handsome/pretty.” No word on who has been cast in these roles yet.
- American Horror Story is casting for a slew of new characters, “Wendy, a lesbian hippie chick in her 30s; Abigail, a 1960s prostitute; Frank McGuire, an authoritative Bostonian and chief of security at a hospital; Mother Superior Claudia, who’ll be Lange’s character’s boss; Father Malechi, an Irish priest; Morley Potter, a salt of the earth farmer; Barb and Lois, more lesbians; and Carl, a former military man who’s an orderly at the hospital.”
- Liane Balaban has joined the cast of Supernatural as a love interest for Sam, played by Jared Padalecki. She’ll play “Amelia, a doctor in training who is courageous, intelligent and sarcastic beneath her damaged shell of a soul.”
|She'll be getting that damaged shell of a soul banged senseless on the show|
|Over two years to see the end?|
- It’s getting closer! The Fifty Shades of Grey movie now has producers. Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti (both behind The Social Network) have signed on to produce the movie adaptation. The two are currently “collaborating with Scott Rudin on Captain Phillips, the true story of a cargo ship captain held hostage by Somali pirates and rescued by Navy SEALs. The movie is being directed by Paul Greengrass and stars Tom Hanks.”
- George Obama, Barack’s brother (or 1/2 brother, I’m not sure), will make his film debut when interviewed in the upcoming movie 2016: Obama’s America.
- Hiroyuki Sanada will play the big bad in the next Wolverine installment, aptly titled The Wolverine, starring Hugh Jackman.
- Lionsgate announced that the last Hunger Game movie, based on the third book Mockingjay, will be two movies. The next one up is the make from book 2, Catching Fire, which hits theaters November 22, 2013. Mockingjay Part 1 will release November 14, 2013 and Mockingjay Part 2 will be out November 20, 2015.
Movies opening this week
These movies have limited openings this week
Quote of the week
"She basically chokes me with her snatch" – Colin Farrell descriptively describing a fight scene with Kate Beckinsale in their upcoming movie Total Recall
|Colin Farrell = marketing genius|
Written by Gingerbreadmama for Tea With Lemon. Photos and captions courtesy of the TWL Editor-in-Chief and our T-VIP. Sources: people.com, tvguide.com, tvline.com. eonline.com, huffingtonpost.com, latimes.com, variety.com, deadline.com, yahoo.com, tmz.com