Bella cheats on Edward, Jackson family drama, new Idol judge, and death
by GingerbreadmamaSay it isn’t so!
Kristin Stewart and Rob Pattinson have been a couple for over three years, meeting on the set of the Twilight franchise that catapulted both of them to stardom, and in Edward’s case, whoops I mean Rob’s, the hearts of ‘tweens and cougars, wistful for their angsty teen days, everywhere. The couple coyly kept their relationship quiet until recently, when they started showing more public affection for one another and even discussing their relationship in print. And then – BAM! She cheated on him with a married man!
Kristin and her Snow White and the Huntsman director, Rupert Sanders, twice her age and married with children, got caught in a “marathon make-out” session by paparazzi that put the spotlight on their infidelity. While sources close to Kristin say it was not an affair but rather a “fleeting moment that never should have happened” and a “mistake and a complete lapse of judgment”, cheating is cheating, right?
|Twilight is always a huge hit in our annual Comic Con coverage.|
Kristin, as previously mentioned, has not be very forthcoming about her relationship to the media, but issued a very public and very touching (but maybe a little to late) apology to Rob, “I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry."
Which was followed by Sanders own apology to his family, “I am utterly distraught about the pain I have caused my family. My beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world. I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together."
Her words to the press have, so far, not done much to mend her relationship with Rob. According to sources, the two are not speaking to each other and have moved out of the Los Angeles home they shared.
Kristin and Rob are scheduled to be reunited as co-presenters on September 6 at the MTV Video Music Awards so stay tuned to see if one bails or if sparks fly. Stewart is also signed on for Snow White and the Huntsman 2, which will be directed, again, Rupert Sanders.
|The shop is open for Rupert and others.|
There is another bomb dropped below the jump, plus two weeks worth of movie and TV bits, movie poster openings, and the Olympic themed quote of the week!
A class act
Christian Bale is dreamy and now even more so. In the wake of the tragedy in Colorado, where 12 people died and 50 were injured during a shooting at the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises, Christian, who portrays Batman on screen, went to the hospital to visit the survivors. What makes this even more exceptional is he did it quietly, without publicity or prompting from Warner Bros, the studio that produced the film. He just went. He hung out, he took pictures and that was that. "The patients were really happy to meet Bale," hospital interim president Bill Voloch was also quoted as saying. "They are obviously big fans of his movies. They wanted to see Batman and were really pleased to see Bale."
|Bale, Looking good, even in mourning|
Last week, Katherine Jackson, the appointed guardian for Michael’s three children, was reported missing by her nephew Trent. She was later found in Arizona, allegedly visiting her daughter Rebbie.
Paris tweeted emotional statements that she had not seen or talked to her grandmother in nine days.
Then, days after Mama Jackson was located, siblings Janet, Randy and Jermaine forcibly broke into their mother’s “compound” to retrieve the children. According to L.A. Sheriff spokesman Steve Whitmore "Deputies determined that a physical altercation had occurred of misdemeanor battery. It involved members of the Jackson family. A report was taken. No arrests were made, and the investigation is ongoing.” He confirmed that the “altercation involved two people", although he did not specify which two and added "If we thought an arrest should have been made, we would have made it."
|Jackson family portrait|
Jermaine made a statement that Trent is “the very person and persons we are trying to protect our mother from” and some of the siblings are contesting Michael’s will, saying it is a fake.
Breaking news: Katherine Jackson has had her guardianship suspended, and their cousin T.J. (Tito’s son) has been awarded temporary guardianship. According to Katherine’s lawyer, “she is willing to share guardianship of the kids with TJ, and the two plan to file a request for co-guardianship next week. Under the agreement, Katherine would still control the family's allowance of $70,000 per month.”
TMZ.com is reporting that “the judge in the case is requiring that the children — Prince, 15; Paris, 14; and Blanket, 10 — be interviewed by a private investigator before he decides who will be awarded permanent guardianship of them.”
- Sherman Hemsley, who played George Jefferson on The Jeffersons, died in his home at age 74. He had no wife or children.
- Dr. Sally Ride, the first U.S. woman to travel to space, died Monday at age 61 after a 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer. She is survived by her partner of 27 years, Tam O’Shaughnessy.
- Slyvester Stallone’s son, Sage, was found dead in his Hollywood Hills home, of an apparent overdose. He was 36.
- Lupe Ontiveros (Desperate Housewives, Selena) died of liver cancer. She was 69 and is survived by her husband, three sons and two granddaughters.
- According to friend’s (maybe not close ones if they are telling this to the press), Demi Moore is “devastated” that her ex Ashton has moved on and is getting cozy with his former That 70s Show co-star Mila Kunis.
- The friend said: "Each time Demi hears about Ashton and Mila it breaks her heart.”
- New couple alert: Jennifer Morrison is dating co-star Sebastian Stan
- New couple alert 2: Emma Roberts and Evan Peters are reportedly dating
- Katie Holmes and daughter Suri were involved in a minor fender bender when a garbage truck hit their Mercedes. Holmes was not driving at the time, and no injuries were reported.
- Model Marrissa Miller let the news drop that the baby she and husband Griffin Guess are expecting is a boy.
TV Bits (Some spoilers)
|Is laughing because his penis is on the internet|
- Grimm’s Bree Turner is expecting baby #2 with hubby Justin Saliman.
- Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are out and Mariah Carey is in as judge on American Idol, Season 12. Carey is allegedly getting “just shy of $18 million a year for a one-year contract with a renewal option.”
- Eric Dane confirmed he is leaving Grey’s Anatomy. Oh McSteamy! But according to reports, “Dane's character is expected to survive [last season’s plane crash] and return for a proper send-off.”
- Ricki Lake returned to TV with a new daytime talk show.
- The adult cast of Modern Family is pulling a Friends and holding out as a group for more money. Although the studio and cast are still in negotiations, ABC Chief Paul Lee says, “I expect the season to start on time. We're in the middle of negotiations. We're hopeful and optimistic to resolve it."
- Chad Lindberg, Ash on Supernatural, has been cast for a guest sopt on Castle, portratying “Marco Massetti, a career criminal who runs afoul of Castle and Beckett after they discover their murder victim may have been involved with one of Massetti's jobs.”
- ABC canceled The Killing.
- German actress Franka Potente (rent Run Lola Run, and The Princess and the Warrior) joins the cast of American Horror Story as a “mysterious patient of the facility in a two-episode arc.
- Christine Lahti has been cast as Steve McGarrett’s long thought to be dead mom on Hawaii Five-O.
Kristin Stewart has men on the mind, apparently. She helped in casting her co-star for the upcoming film Cali. Alex Pettyfer, who will play her on-screen beau, is now in “final negotiations” for the role. “The film, a thriller about a couple who fake a snuff film, sell the video and run away with the money, only to get drawn back to their California home years later -- is Stewart's first project as a credited producer.” The Notebook’s Nick Cassavetes will direct.
|Will he hit it?|
Movies opening this week
Quote of the week
“We've Tweeted him, we've stalked him [on] Facebook. We thought because he was so into volleyball he would have got back to us. But no luck so far." - Team USA beach volleyball player April Ross, on her attempts to lure Prince Harry to an Olympic match.
|Try something a little more discrete, he's royalty|
Written by Gingerbreadmama for Tea With Lemon. Photos and captions courtesy of the TWL Editor-in-Chief and our T-VIP. Sources: people.com, tvguide.com, tvline.com. eonline.com, huffingtonpost.com, latimes.com, variety.com, deadline.com, yahoo.com, tmz.com