Plagiarism. Such a luscious, naughty word. And I exercise it with abandon in this week's column. But I'm "repurposing" material from my friend and fellow sustainability superstar Ronnie Das, the wunderkind behind the How Can I Help San Diego? web site and TV show. Ronnie has researched the environmental credentials of some recent top movie stars appearing in blockbuster movies.
Recently he took a look at Dark Knight Rises, the final film of Christopher Nolan's moody but acclaimed Batman trilogy. Here, for my GreenTech Geek readers, is a summary of Ronnie's latest finds ...
... well, after the jump I mean ...
Batman (Christian Bale)
- Quote: “I have this theory that, depending on your attitude, your life doesn’t have to become this ridiculous charade that it seems so many people end up living.”
Catwoman (Anne Hathaway)
- Quote: “A role model is somebody that does things because of what they believe in, regardless of what other people think.”
- Lollipop Theater Network, non-profit that brings first-run movies to children hospitalized with chronic or life-threatening illnesses
- Women's rights
- Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBT advocacy group in the U.S.
- First Amendment rights
- Arts advocacy
Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman)
- Quote: “I don’t need any more press. I get enough when I work. But environmental causes is one place where you can get me to open my mouth.”
Don't ask me how, but Ronnie actually scored an interview with Morgan Freeman. He got the Oscar-winning actor to talk about what motivates his environmental endeavors. Check it out here.
- Wildlife conservation (remember his narration of 'March of the Penguins' in 2005?)
- Alternative energy (biofuels)
And now for the GreenTech Geek action figure ...
GreenTech Geek (Steven Shultz)
|Until next week ...|