Johnny Depp’s break-up, Jack Osbourne’s illness and more Edition
No longer a rumor
After all the denials, it isn’t much of a surprise that the official word has come out that Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have split. According to sources, “They've tried for months to save the relationship, but have known for weeks that it couldn't be saved.” Paradis recently returned to France to promote her new film Je Me Suis Tout Petit and the separation announcement was revealed to coincide with her departure. Although living separate lives for months, friends of the couple say they “tried valiantly to keep their family together,”
|The body language here says it all|
Header Jack Osbourne has MS
26 years old and a new father, Jack Osbourne has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, “an autoimmune disease that attacks the central nervous system and which currently has no cure, but is very treatable. It causes inflammation in the brain and spinal cord resulting in the loss of myelin, the insulation around nerves.”
Osbourne said he was suffering from vision loss, but is now on medication and there is improvement.
|Once thought of him as a spoiled brat, but I have to say this really sucks.|
He is remaining positive, telling Piers Morgan, “I’ve been told by all my doctors that if you are going to get MS now is the best time to have it. There are, I think, two or three new drugs coming out within the next six months. … I do believe there will be a solution in sight in my lifetime.”
His family is also being very supportive, according to his mom Sharon, “Osbournes survive everything. We really do."
Things get a LOT lighter after the jump!
Tried the pull out and pray method of contraception
| Rose Costa|
Upside is, the kid will be good looking
- Kings of Leon lead singer Caleb Followill and wife Lily welcomed a daughter, Dixie Pearl.
- Mary Cheney (her dad is Dick) and partner Heather Poe married “20 years to the day after our first date.”
- Giovanni Ribisi and Agyness Deyn are married. The two managed to keep their relationship and wedding details way under the radar.
- James Marsden spent time after his 11 year marriage broke–up getting busy with Rose Costa, a Brazilian model half his age, and they are now expecting a baby. However, sources say the affair was brief and the two are no longer a couple.
- Jessica Capshaw and hubs Christopher Gavigan welcomed baby #3, a girl named Poppy James.
- Jemima Kirke, star of HBO’s Girls, is expecting her second child with husband Michael Mosberg.
- File this under Not Surprised. One of the stars of reality series Swamp People, Joseph LaFont Jr., was arrested on domestic violence charges after trying to burn his girlfriend with a lit cigarette and punching her. Maybe he mistook her for an alligator…
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries go to divorce court, with text messages between Kris and new gal pal Myla Sinanaj being subpoenaed. Claims that Kardashian mom-Kris “directed” Kim’s sex tape is one topic on the table and that is sure to make this battle interesting. Or maybe the word I’m looking for is ugly.
|You couldn't make this up|
TV Bits (some spoilers)
- Suzanne Lucci is branching out! She’ll star (along with Judy Reyes, Roselyn Sanchez, Grant Show and Ana Ortiz) in Marc Cherry’s Devious Maids, a new comedy for Lifetime. Originally an ABC pilot, derived from the Mexican telenovela, the series has a 13 episode order and “expected to launch in 2013”.
- Jessica Sanchez has the pipes (but not an American Idol title) and is now close to signing on for to a role on Glee. Character info is not being shared but a multi-episode arc is said to be in the works. Glee has already signed Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson up for multiple eps.
- Patrick Wilson is joining the cast of HBO’s Girls, as a potential (older) love interest for character Hannah.
- OOOOOhhh! Emile De Raven and Meghan Ory are both series regulars on Once Upon A Time!
- In other Once Upon A Time casting news…”The producers are hard at work writing and casting some cool new princesses for next fall. Anastasia could be mistaken for a spoiled rich girl, but as we all know love rules in Fairy-Tale Land. Plus, they are looking for someone to play Magnolia, a cool badass Asian chick who is an accomplished fighter and rider and might be a little bit magical.”
- A mini-Lost reunion is taking place on Californication. Maggie Grace and Jorge Garcia will both make appearance. Grace is signed on for nine eps, while Garcia is on for now, just one. Also guest starring, Marilyn Manson.
- Grimm returns early, August 13th, with four eps airing on Monday! So check your local listings.
- Another hunk is guesting on White Collar. Victor Webster will play Eric Dunham, a boxing enthusiast and “an aggressive top Wall Street trader who possesses the demeanor of Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross and the build of young Sylvester Stallone”.
|Victor Webster - Weekend treat for GM and T|
- The Bourne Legacy release date was pushed back from August 3 to August 10. Apparently, Universal fears the Batman (hitting screens July 20) and Total Recall (August 3) openings.
- More bad news for Lindsay. Last week, she tweeted that she had worked 85 hours in four days on Liz & Dick, then, while on set, couldn't be awakened after a nap so paramedics were called. Apparently, two other crew members were sent to the hospital and treated for exhaustion as well, so now the production is being scrutinized by two Hollywood unions (SAG-AFTRA and IATSE) while they “investigate working conditions”.
- Charlie Sheen has been cast as U.S. President (there is a joke there…) in Robert Rodriguez’s sequel Machete Kills. The plot is described as, “Machete (played by Danny Trejo) being called upon by the U.S. government to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have a weapon in space”. Mel Gibson is also part of the cast. Is that considered #winning?
|Rumor is Sheen showed up to this open casting call and got the part|
Movies Opening This Week
Quote of the week: This is for you T!
|bottomed by a costume|
“[The suit] was a psychological terrorist…It dominated my year." – Anne Hathaway, on her Catwoman costume
Written by Gingerbreadmama for Tea With Lemon. Photos and captions courtesy of the TWL Editor-in-Chief and our T-VIP. Sources: people.com, tvguide.com, tvline.com. eonline.com, huffingtonpost.com, latimes.com, variety.com, deadline.com, yahoo.com, tmz.com